Kevin Saunders has always thought that one of the most important things every individual can do is to give back to your community. He believes we should all donate our time, energy and/or resources to these organizations to make our communities a better place to live. After his accident, Kevin also understood that he was in a unique position to help others, both through his words and actions. Over the last 30 years, he has been involved with a wide range of organizations in order to fulfill his personal desire to make a difference in the lives of others.
Giving in Action
In the 1970s, Kevin Saunders was a member of the Downs High School Track and Field team, competing around a dirt track. In 1985, he donated a brand new track to the high school (and school district), helping students on a path to the State Championship just four years later.
In 1990, Kevin Saunders Founded the Wheelchair Success Foundation (WSF) to help provide college scholarships for wheelchair-bound individuals.
Over a period of grueling months, Kevin pushed his wheelchair from one end of America to the other (over 2,500 miles) meeting with local officials and families along the way to draw attention to the nation’s health crisis and share his insights.
A few of the organizations Kevin Saunders has belonged to or been appointed as a Board member to a listed below under Professional Affiliations:
- National Speakers Association
- Leading Authorities Speakers Bureau
- North American Speakers Bureau
- Washington Speakers Bureau
- Board Member, Texans for Civil Justice
- Co-Director of Athletes for Dole, Presidential Campaign Headquarters, Washington D.C.
- Member of the Greater Houston Partnership
- Member and Graduate of Leadership Corpus Christi, TX
- Member and Speaker for D.A.R.E Corpus Christi, TX
- Board Member, Goodwill Industries, Corpus Christi, TX
- Member, International Disabled Self-Defense Association
- Board Member of the Special Olympics, Corpus Christi, TX
- Member of Disabled Sports USA
- Member of the Southwest Wheelchair Athletic Association, Houston, TX
- Member of the North Texas Wheelchair Athletic Association, Dallas, TX
- Member of the USA Olympic Committee
- Member of USA Track & Field Organization
- Founder of the nonprofit Wheelchair Success Foundation – dedicated to providing college and technical scholarships for people with Disabilities
- Founder of the BIG PUSH for Health & Fitness Tour across America
- Founder and President – Fitness 4 All 50 State Tour” nonprofit 501-c-3 dedicated to educate, motivate and inspire our nation’s youth, parents, teachers, administrators and the American people about the importance of staying active and making healthy choices for balanced nutritional meals or healthy snacks until it becomes a habit for a lifetime.
Let Kevin inspire and bring the champion out of every member of your audience.
Books by Kevin Saunders
Sign up for Kevin's newsletter to receive monthly tips and news.
We value your privacy and will never share your email address.