- Fitnesss 4 All 50 State Tour
- Pushing through Razorback Country Spreading the News About Proper Fitness and Nutrition!
Pushing through Razorback Country Spreading the News About Proper Fitness and Nutrition!
Keep Your Stats, See Amazing Results
Test yourself often. Every 4 weeks, measure a variable—waist size, body fat, bench press—that equates to your end goal. “It’ll show you the tangible results of your training,” says Craig Ballantyne, C.S.C.S., a trainer in Canada. And that translates into motivation
If you want to get in shape and fit, there is no better time than right now. Take it from a college football player and world champion paralympian, There is no better time than right now to turn your life around!
Keeping track of your goals is a great way to see the progress you have made toward a happy and healthier you. This is why during the “Fitness 4 All 50 State Tour”, I will be giving all the youth, parents, teachers, community leaders, and city and state officials a daily healthy life stlye journal. The journal will serve as an educational tool that reinforces the concepts taught in the school presentation. It will help students accurately track their progress and assist them in evaluating their daily habits. It will also include healthy tips and formulas to help you achieve your goals.
The journal will also provide the youth with fitness and nutrition tips, as well as give them a place to write down what they ate for the day, the amount and at what time, what exercise(s) they did that day and the time and at what intensity level. These journals provide them daily accountability and it allows them to see what works best for them. It also shows them what is not working for them so they can eliminate in order to achieve their fitness and nutritional goals. After each day, the students will rate their day and how eating healthy and proper fitness has made an impact on their life from 1 to 10. They will rate their day not only how they feel but also if they made the proper choice based on the tools that were provided to the student. By using the journal, students will learn how to be accountable for their health and how to make healthier choices. Just a note, please modify your goals based on your personal needs.
Please see some of the example sof the content that was send back to me from top fitness professionals, sports coaches, and college professors , etc. As you you can see each person has different opinions on the way they view proper health and fitness. The basic idea you can see from the below information is that the over all concept is the same. The one thing they all agreed on was the name, My Daily Healthy Lifestyle Journal.
1. My goals for a healthier lifestyle are:
To improve my fitness, activities, and sports: ______________________________________________
For choosing balanced healthy food or snacks: ____________________________________________
Things I need to do in order to make healthier choices for myself: ___________________________
2. Being Responsible keeping track on a daily basis is the best way to ensure becoming a WINNER! How do you keep track daily of what you eat, how much of each, use your hand to compare – make a fist for the form in round form hold your hand by it and say it is bigger or smaller than my hand and use your hand out flat for flatter items on a daily basis is the best way to ensure becoming a WINNER! to do this you will need to write down everything you eat and when (The time of day) and what fitness activities or sports you have participated in___________ By getting educated about fitness activities or sports you have taken part in and what you did? What kind of fitness activity or sports did you take part in? How long did it take you to do it? What time of day did you do it? FOODS I ATE TODAY & TIMES List all the foods you have chosen to eat and at what time you ate them or it and what it was and how much? Finding out what they do for you and how they work in your body is what helps lay a good solid foundation to become successful by getting in shape and eating right. DAILY PERSONAL Responsibility = WINNER! This gives you the ability to eliminate what does not work to help you get in shape and find foods that supply good balanced nutritional value and do not add fat to your body, bit can help you get leaner.
3. To achieve my short and long term goals I must plan the steps (things / choices I need to make in order to reach my goals) Refine my goals as I go (so as I start to notice things that work I stick to them and when I see one of the choices I have listed for that day or maybe several times over the week that DOES NOT Help me get closer to my goal I eliminate it. List what refinements you are making (such as choosing something that helps you eat better or stay active, lose weight and go over with your teacher to make sure you are refining your choices of each day / week / month / year until desired short and long term goals are reached and become a habit for you, a way of life.
Or – To achieve my goals, I must plan what the steps I need to take and make necessary changes in my plan when my goals are not being reached. Make a list of the changes you are making to help you eat better, stay active, lose weight, and live a healthier life. Be sure you list the changes you are making each day, week, month, and year until you reach your goals. Share this list of changes with your teacher.
4. SACRIFICES – List the things you give up in order to reach your fitness actives or sports goals. What I didn’t do __________ List the foods you did not eat – and List the more nutritional foods you did eat to give you a good balanced meal or healthy snacks in order to reach your desired weight, raise your energy level & get in better shape every day.
SACRIFICE Examples for fitness, activities or sports: I didn’t play video games with my friend or brother or sister etc. I went out and shot basketball at my friends house. played played this (insert type of game) game outside etc.
SACRIFICE Examples for today’s food choices: I didn’t eat the double cheeseburger, double fries and a large jumbo coke that I wanted. I chose instead to eat a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato on wheat bread NO MAYO!
**Note to the more serious athletes** you many want to train more specifically in your particular sport or give more effort toward a particular goal. For example, what motivated me after my injury was guys that I knew and competed against when I was on my feet, achieving their goal that they talked about years prior to my injury. You really don’t know what you are capable of unless you put your mind to something or focus on your goal.
Or- Sacrifices – list the things that you are willing to give up so you can go up – to reach your fitness goals. Give up-Go Up items: ____________________ (list the unhealthy foods and activities/habits you avoided) in order to reach your goals – weight, fitness, healthy lifestyles. Examples: Fitness Choices- Went outside and played basketball with friends instead of playing video games. Food Choices – Ate a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato and drank a glass of milk rather than eating a double cheeseburger, fries, and coke.
KEVIN’S PERSONAL JOURNAL
7:00 a.m. CST – First thing in the morning, Dora went to Wal-Mart to exchange the printer.
10:00 a.m. CST – Since we had a little free time, we decided to get the oil changed and to wash the van and the trailer. Again, I had the privilege to meet an extraordinary citizen that overwhelmed me with their support of the ‘Big Push Across America’. After having a casual conversation with a woman who was also getting her oil changed, she gave the ‘Big Push’ a donation and told us that we had truly inspired her. I told her that I appreciate the gift, but that it was the support of individuals like her that made the Tour possible and gave me the encouragement I need to continue. I know she will spread the word and the Revolution will roll on and on!
1:30 p.m. CST – I met with Mayor Harry “Butch” Richenback, city and community leaders of Stuttgart, AR and gave a Health and Fitness Summit presentation for all in attendees. They were all very please and wanted to do the best they could to improve health and fitness in their schools and community. We left him with a plaque and a copy of my book. He gave us some great souvenirs from the city. As usual, I discussed all of the points from the tour with him and the community leaders. It was a great meeting. They said they are excited for me to come back during my ‘Fitness 4 All 50 State Tour’ to see all the progress they have made. As a motivational coach, fitness speaker, and a wheelchair athlete, I was very excited to come back and see their progress during my next tour ‘the Fitness 4 All 50 State Tour’.
3:00 p.m. CST – We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening catching up on some errands and paperwork. Andy and I tried again to get a good email connection, but we could not secure one long enough to email anything. However, I was able to search for online articles about the ‘Big Push’ and my mission of spreading the word of proper fitness and nutrition to the American people. I saved them to a file. Every time I read the articles about the Tour, I am so impressed at how well written they are. Everyone understands what I am trying to accomplish and their writing is very supportive of my mission. I know my book “Revolutions” about the ‘Big Push Across America’ and spreading the word on proper fitness and nutrition is going to be well received.
With my book I hope to keep the excitement about getting in shape going and continue to educate people on the importance of physical fitness, good nutrition and making wise life choices. Because really, in the grand scheme of things it’s a lot easier to turn away from that big piece of pie than it is to lose the weight you gain from poor eating habits. Of course you can have treats from time to time. What’s life without a little pecan pie or chocolate cake? You just can’t make those sorts of foods regular dietary choices. Plus, you must get active. Keep your heart healthy through proper nutrition and a good dose of rigorous exercise. Your heart is a muscle and it’s one you really need to keep strong! If you’re out of shape start slow. Maybe a walk around the block. Before you know it you will be doing more, getting more fit and your work-outs will become more intense.
10 p.m. CST – After finally catching up on all of our work, we were able to go to bed.
Keep Going for the GOLD! Never Give Up!
Kevin Saunders is a World Champion Paralympian, motivational speaker, athlete (with multiple gold medals) and author. Kevin Saunders was the first person with a disability appointed to the President’s Council on Physical Fitness Sports (only 20 people are selected for this nationwide) by the President of the United States. Kevin Saunders was first chosen to be appointed to the prestigious Council by President George H.W. Bush and was the only person reappointed by to this Council by President Bill Clinton and he was reappointed again by President George W. Bush as a constituent expert to the President’s Council on Physical Fitness & Sports. Learn more about Kevin’s story and accomplishments.
- I hope everyone is ready for the Holiday season that we’re entering into this time of year. I’m sure...
- I was fortunate to have lived the first part of my life as a normal, able-bodied person. It was in C...
- Last week, I had the privilege of meeting with employees at Par Pharmaceutical in Irvine, CA. I was ...
- This article wraps up our special 3-part series on Workplace Safety. Part I dealt with the introduct...
- For the past few decades, the primary driver behind safety improvements is coming from employers the...
Sign up for Kevin's newsletter to receive monthly tips and news.
We value your privacy and will never share your email address.